Are there places in Toronto where you can buy used archery equipment?

Someone contacted me a few weeks ago and asked a number of questions including the following:

Is there any places in the city selling used equipment?
I appreciate any and all help you can offer.
Cheers,
Nate T


My response to that particular question was very short:

Craigslist sometimes has used equipment. Some Facebook groups also post used equipment.


However as I started thinking about it, it also occurred to me that I should have also mentioned eBay as a possible location to look for used compound bows. I know several archers who have done so and have had great success in finding relatively new and antique compound bows in that way.

A quick search of eBay revealed plenty of options.

New (still in the packaging)
Slightly Used
Used Antiques

Prices varied.

Roughly $2,500 Canadian (+$200 for shipping) for a 2017 PSE Carbon Air.

$2,400 for a gold plated compound bow. Photo on right. Not my thing, but it was amusing to look at.

$40 for a children's compound bow (which I don't recommend anyone purchase, not even for a kid).

$200 for a Blackhawk Warrior wooden compound bow from the 1970s. +$100 for shipping. See photo at the bottom. Isn't that pretty? I am seriously tempted to bid on it.

PET PEEVE

Morons who label a recurve bows and other bows as "compounds" when they are not. I want to reach through the computer screen and strangle these morons for polluting searches.

Note about Buying Used Compounds

Check the draw length and poundage to make sure it is the correct draw length you are looking for / can be adjusted to your desired draw length. Compound bows need to be sized for the user. If you don't know how to adjust a new compound bow, you will probably have a heck of a time trying to adjust an old / used compound bow.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Blackhawk Warrior Wooden Compound Bow

No comments:

Post a Comment