In case of emergency, which is best? Bow, Air Rifle or Snares?

Hi

I just read you website. It is great.

I am interested in archery, air rifles, and snares. In an emergency what is the best option if you have equipment?

I know more powerful air rifles must be registered.

What laws govern archery, and snares?

I am not enthusiastic enough for to be one of your students. I am just interested in someday learning everything as a skill. I also believe you should eat what you kill. I just have no interest in eating what I kill or cleaning up the mess if I can go to supermarket.

Peter








Hello Peter!

What an unusual question. I am guessing you are pro-survivalist.

Archery if you are planning on hunting small or large game.

Air rifles if you want to snag a squirrel or bird, because that is about all they're good for.

Snares if you are trying to trap something for its fur.

So it really depends on what kind of emergency you are talking about. Berserk drunk neighbours high on crystal meth attacking your front door with axes? Time to get out the crossbow or compound bow. A large hunting knife would be handy in that situation too, should it come to hand to hand combat.

There are many laws that govern hunting, archery in general, and trapping with snares. I recommend consulting Ontario's Laws at https://www.ontario.ca/laws to find the laws you are looking for.

Happy Hunting!

Elda Hunting Knife





Hi

Sounds good.

How close would someone need to be for a small or large animal? For example a deer.

Can a moose be taken down with a bow or crossbow?

Moose are very big, but do not seem to fear humans. I have canoed and been very (to) close to a moose. This normally happens after rounding a bend in a smaller faster moving river. The moose do not have any fear, but I feel like I might be up a creek with just a paddle. I feel moose might be easier to get close to than a deer.

Peter



Hey Peter!

30 yards or less is a good ethical kill. Some people prefer 20 yards or less for an ethical kill. Over 30 yards you get into the area wherein ego and mistakes are made. Lots of beginners thinking they can do further, but **** up under pressure.

Yes, both.

I have gotten within 2 yards of a deer. I don't think it matters what species you are talking about. Moose however will attack on a whim. They're like ****ing geese that way, they will just randomly attack people who get too close.

Happy Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment